This is a members only area.
Download a copy of the Ashdown Singers Members’ Handbook by clicking on the link below:
SPECIAL NOTICES (e.g. Rehearsals, Cancellations as a result of severe weather etc)
If you would like to listen to audio recordings of our Easter 2019 concert at Cornerstone, please follow this link. These are purely for choir members own interest and are NOT TO BE SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
The rehearsal on Wednesday 20th November will be at St Philip’s as usual, commencing at 8pm. Please bring all your music in order to return copies not now needed for concerts. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE THEM, PLEASE BRING YOUR COPIES OF “CAROLS FOR CHOIRS” BOOKS ONE AND TWO (GREEN AND ORANGE BOOKS) AND THE EDWARDIAN CAROLS BOOK.
AMONGST THE PIECES THAT CONSTITUTE OUR CHRISTMAS CONCERT PROGRAMME WILL BE:
Matin Responsory (O p68); O Little One Sweet (G p87); Ding Dong Merrily (G p28); Cradle Song (Edwardian Carols No 3); Shepherds’ Pipe (O p39); O Men from the Fields (G p94 – ladies’ voices); The Lamb (Taverner – standalone copy); The Shepherds’ Farewell (G p142); The Three Kings (G p136); Here is the Little Door (Howells – standalone copy); Rocking (G p70); Midwinter (Chilcott – standalone copy); Deck the Hall (Blue p 54 or legal copy); We Wish You a Merry Christmas (G p60). Hodie (Sweelinck – standalone copy)
On 20th November, Richard will be concentrating on: “Hodie”, “The Lamb”, “Deck the Hall”, “Shepherds’ Pipe”, “Rocking” and “O Little One sweet”.
Make sure you are able to confirm your availability on the Register for the Christmas concerts on 8th and 15th December at 3pm, St Peter & St James Hospice on Friday 13th December at 2pm, The Alma on Wednesday 18th December at 8pm and Horsted Place on Christmas Eve at 6.45pm.
DON’T FORGET IT’S GLYNDEBOURNE THIS COMING SUNDAY (17TH) WHEN WE WILL BE PERFORMING “My Spirit Sang All Day” and “All Creatures Now….”
NOTE: WE SHALL BE SINGING FROM OUR COPIES OF THESE PIECES SO BRING RED FOLDERS.
WE WILL WEAR STANDARD CONCERT DRESS FOR OUR PERFORMANCE.
OUR REHEARSAL SLOT IS FROM 10.55 TO 11.05am WITH A MASSED CHOIRS REHERSAL FOR THE FINALE AT 1.55pm.
PROCEDURE FOR OCCURRENCES OF SEVERE WEATHER SUCH AS SNOW, HIGH WINDS, FLOODING OR OTHER EXTREME CONDITIONS
- If you think that conditions are bad where YOU are, DON’T TRAVEL. It’s more important that you stay safe.
- Richard and Nick (and Jackie Nolan regarding conditions at St Philips) will communicate at the latest by 5pm on the day of a rehearsal and agree whether a rehearsal should go ahead or not.
- If it is agreed that cancellation is advisable, this will be advised by email ASAP and if possible by 6pm, so nobody should have a wasted journey.
- If possible, notice of cancellation will also be displayed on the Members’ Page of the website above this procedure under “SPECIAL NOTICES”.
- PLEASE look at your emails and the website on evenings of severe weather to check if it has been decided to cancel the rehearsal.
- If still in doubt about conditions and you haven’t seen any emails or website information, contact Nick on 01825 732263 to confirm the situation.
Nicholas Tier: Chairman
Jane Gross: Treasurer
Rhona Condon: Secretary
Norman Wood: Press Liaison Officer
Bridget Stevenson: Vice Chair
Julia Webb: Member
Emma Lomas: Member
The Committee is assisted by:
Angela Wilkes: Communications to members
Pauline Freeman: Librarian
Christine Pickford: Librarian
Jacky Holman: Assistant Librarian
Howard Burgess: Acting Website Manager
TBA: Social Media Accounts Manager
SOPRANO: Bridget Stevenson
ALTO: Rhona Condon
TENOR: Chris Wilkes
BASS: Norman Wood
IF YOU WISH TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR LINE REPRESENTATIVE FROM TIME TO TIME BY EMAIL OR PHONE, ASK THEM FOR THEIR CONTACT DETAILS AT REHEARSAL.